Precautions used when caring for patients during COVID-19
At Gentle Shepherd Home Care we take all necessary precautions when caring for your loved ones. During these unprecedented times, with COVID-19 threatening your senior loved ones, we’re taking additional precautions to keep them safe.
- Our employees are tested weekly.
- If an employee tests positive, we remove them from ALL client visits for a minimum of 10 days and until they receive 2 negative tests. We pay the employee for up to 80 hours so they are encouraged to let us know when they are ill or test positive.
- If an employee tests positive, we immediately call all clients they have cared for as well as other caregivers within those clients. Within the past 3 past days, tested immediately. We then provide all replacement caregivers with full PPE (gloves, masks, booties, goggles or face shield, and gowns) while caring for those clients.
- If a client tests positive then we provide all caregivers with full PPE (gloves, masks, booties, goggles or face shield, and gowns) for 10 days or until the client has received 2 negative tests.
- If an employee is potentially exposed from friends, family, or close contact elsewhere, then we pay the employee to stay home for 10 days or until they receive 2 negative tests.
- If a client is potentially exposed from friends, family, or close contact elsewhere, then we provide the employees for full PPE (gloves, masks, booties, goggles or face shield, and gowns) for 10 days or until the client receives 2 negative tests.
- We also accept clients who have COVID for care/services. If we accept a COVID patient being released from the hospital, or on quarantine in their home we have strict care standards. All caregivers are notified prior to accepting a shift the client is recovering from COVID, we put all caregivers who are (CNAs and MAs) in full PPE while caring for a COVID patient.
- Our Caregivers are all in the process of receiving their COVID Vaccines.
If you are caring for a loved one and are looking for help with their care, need respite care to take care of your own needs, or specialized or recovery care, contact Gentle Shepherd Home Care for a virtual, complimentary care assessment.